TRIP OVERVIEW GHOREPANI KHOPRA TREKKING 14 DAYS
Ghorepani Khopra Trekking:
Khopra Danda is new and more natural trekking route in Annapurna region. The nature is amazing up here. It is like a dream, incredible, a fairytale, and we had Rhododendron all around us. There is no reason to walk to Ghorepani and Poon Hill, when we have Khopra Danda. We were almost alone up there for eight days, and I can highly recommend it to other trekkers. Only a very few people know about Khopra Danda. Khopra Danda is easy to get to. You can start from Tadapani, from Chitre, from Sikha or from Ghara. When people find out how beautiful it is, more and more will go up there.
You can get exactly the same as in the lodges on the Annapurna Circuit, may be not if it is out of season. The people at the lodges are very nice. The best season to visit Khopra Danda is from the middle of March, April and May and the end of September, October and November.
Kahyar Lake situated on western part of Nepal in Annapurna region. It can be define as virgin destination because of a few trekkers has been here yet. It has an enchanting landscape offering glorious views of the Himalayas and plentiful wildlife. Khopra Danda (Hill), Khayar Lake is the tourist attraction point of this trek. Trekkers can have perfect views of the dozens of the mountains over 8,000 meter like Dhaulagiri, Annapurna ranges, Lamjung himal,Dhaulagiri range, Dolpo ranges, Ghorepani / Poonhill and the Kaligandaki valley; worlds deepest gorge. Khayar Lake is a sacred holy ice lake. People believe that to touch in to the water guarantees salvation after death. The people of Gurungs and Magars inhabit this trek. Trekkers need to be fulley self-sufficient in this trek because there are no teahouses between Tadapani and Ghorepani.
Day 01: Kathmandu (1350m) to Pokhara (914m.)
Day 02: Pokhara to Tikhedhunga (1577m)
Day 03: Tirkhedhunga to Ghorepani (2855m.)
Day 04: Ghorepani to Punhill (2850m.) and then to Tadapani (2675m.)
Day 05: Tadapani (2675 – Baili Kharka (3450) 5 hours.
Day 06: Baili Kharka (3450) – Khopra Danda (3660) 5 hours
Day 07: Khopra Danda (3660) – Paudwar (1750) 3½ hour.
Day 08: Paudwar 1750) – Chistibang (2950) 6 hours.
Day 09: Chistibang (2950 – Baili Kharka (3450) 3 hours.
Day 10: Baili Kharka (3450) – Deurali (2980) 4 hours.
Day 11: Deurali to Ghandruk (1950m.)
Day 12: Ghandruk (1950m.) to Pothana (1990m.)
Day 13: Pothana to Dhampus Phedi (1113m.) to Pokhara
Day 14: Pokhara to Kathmandu
1) Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu two night and two night hotel in Pokhara.
2) Three meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) with hot beverage and snacks whilst on trekking.
3) Trek Permit & Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS) fees
4) An experienced fluent English speaking guide, licenced by Ministry of Tourism & Civil Aviation, Nepal.
5) Highly experienced trekking porter
6) Four times tea or coffee.
7) Staff food, accommodation, clothing, salary & insurance.
8) All necessary ground transportation.
9) Airport transfers.
10) Adventure Himalaya Treks’down jacket and sleeping bag
11) All governmental procedure
12) Welcome & Farewell dinner in Kathmandu at typical Nepali restaurant.
1) Meals at Kathmandu.
2) Personal expenses.
3) Bar and beverage bills.
4) Your Travel Insurance.
5) Rescue & Evacuation.
6) Tips for trekking staff and driver.