Trip Overview Honey Hunting Tour in Nepal( 7 Days)
Honey hunting tour in Nepal is one of the world’s best adventure tours with surprising scene as well as extremely risky. Nepal is very rich in honeybee diversity and also a better place for the honey hunting. There are at least five different honeybee species in the country. Honey hunting in Nepal is a chance to view and experience the traditional honey hunting harvest of the Gurung people. Nepal honey hunting is a tradition twice (spring and autumn) a year to collect the wild honey from the hive hanging on a rock hill.
The honey hunters are a tribe of Mongol in Nepal who have follow the tradition of honey hunting, a tradition passed down since generations. Extracting honey from rock bees that live in steep slope is an age-old tradition of some of the native Nepali communities like Gurungs and Magars. Among many mountain cliffs in Nepal, the Budhi Gandaki valley in Manaslu region and the Cliffs in Annapurna region have notable presence of wild bee which makes hive on the vertical slopes of these cliffs. The locals celebrate the honey hunting as a festival by offering flowers, grains and sheep to the God before hunting. Everyone is thrilled to watch honey hunters at work. It is undertaken by experienced villagers who hang from cliffs as tall as 300m with the help of homemade hemp skipping ropes and ladders. This wild honey has medicinal value and fetches a great deal of money in the international market. In spite of the enjoyable parts we need to protect our culture and wildlife natural activities of bees.
The trekking routes to and from the honey bee hives are exciting and breathtaking. Honey hunting in Nepal also enables visitors to take in the beauty and magnificence of the Nepali landscape and wildlife. Thus, it adds more color on our delight. Honey hunting tour is the best opportunity to view and experience the traditional method of wild honey harvesting and hunting.
Day 01:Greetings at Kathmandu Airport:
We will meet you at Kathmandu Tribhuvan International Airport and transfer to your hotel Annapurna. When you have had your time to settle in and freshen up after your long fight, you will be invited to visit our office for a briefing about your entire program. You will have meeting with your guide and discuss about the equipment needed for the trekking. If you arrive at night we will have same discussion in next day morning after your breakfast. At evening we will provide you typical Nepali welcome dinner.
Day 2: A full day sighseeing in kathmandu valley:
The next morning after breakfast you will leave for a full day sightseeing tour around the Kathmandu valley. You can pay your homage visiting center of pilgrimage Pashupatinath Temple (for Hindus) and Swyambhunath (for Buddhists). These are very ancient and historical pride of Nepal importantly enlisted in UNESCO World Heritage sites. The biggest Buddhist Stupa at Boudhnath and the fine arts and historical architecture of Kathmandu Durbar Square reflects the uniqueness and diversity in Nepalese culture. On journey back to hotel, you can travel around the local areas, gullies and lifestyle.
Day 3: Kathmandu to Khudi drive
Today after having breakfast you will drive for your honey hunting tour. After 4 and half hours drive from Kathmandu you will arrive at Vimal Nagar. where you can visit Siddha cave (the biggest cave in Asia). Then from here, after driving about more 3hrs you will reach Khudi village. You’ll be heartily welcomed by the villagers. At evening have a slide show program about the bee hunting.
Day 4: Khudi to Base camp village:
This is the point from where you start trek for Honey hunting village valley. Today you trek for around seven hours for Honey Hunting site. On the way, you view many natural scenes and landscape on the way.
Day 5: Enjoy the honey hunting:
Today you enjoy thrilling honey hunting program at cliff. Honey hunter pray before they start. After you enjoy the honey hunting program, return back to base camp village.Over night at lodge.
Day 6: Trek back to Khudi:
Today you’ll retrace your path back to Khudi. On the way, the stream invites you to swim at natural swimming pool. You can go evening walk at Bank of the Marshyangdi River and Khudi stream.
Day 7: Khudi to Kathmandu
Drive back to Kathmandu with a journey of about 7 hrs drive. Transfer to your hotel Annapurna and after you can buy Nepal’s gift for your family and relatives and spend your leisurely time.
What’s included in the Cost:
* Airport pick up and drop by private vehicle.
* Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu with BB
* Expert tour guide for kathmandu sighseeing and by private vehicle
* Group medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
* Adventure Himalaya Treks’s duffel bag, if needed.
* Comprehensive pre-departure information and trip dossiers
* Adventure Himalaya Treks’s Special Gifts (Pashmina, shawl, Trekking certificates and others)
* Welcome/Fare well typIcal Nepali Dinner in Kathmandu
* All necessary paper works, office Service charge and all Government Taxes
* Local transportation to and from the starting and ending points of the tour by Tourist bus/Private Car/Van and Flights depends on Clients requirement and budget
What is not included in the cost:
* Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
* Nepal entry visa fee, you can get Nepal visa up on arrival in the Airport.
* International Airfare/Airport tax, City tour Sightseeing entry fees.
* Hard drinks, hot and cold drinks, hot water, hot and cold showers.
* Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, sweets, snacks, beverages and bar bills, camera battery charging.
* Travel Insurance
* Tips for tour/ trekking staffs and driver
* Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.