Jungle Safari is one of the astonishing feeling in the life.It is very luxury and wonderful animals scenery.Not only does Nepal offer trekking,Expedition and river rafting, but it also has a fine selection of pristine national parks. A Jungle Safari in Nepal can be a very exciting experience. You can trek into the jungle by foot with an experienced tracker, by elephant back, by dugout canoe or by jeep. A safari in Nepal is a fun filled package ideal for anyone. The national parks offer a Astonishing range of accommodations form lush resorts to basic tent style. The resorts make a package for you that included everything from you sleeping arrangements to meals to days full of activity.
Means Nature walk or Jungle walk overlooking or observing the enthralling beauty of Jungle vicinity. Actuality jungle walks bestows close-up chance to analysis different categories of animals as well observe their track, sign and sounds. The most gripping and attention- grabbing program offered by Nepal not found elsewhere in the world is regard as jungle safari. In Nepal you will discover the ideal situation of viewing the jungle scenery, birds and animals and the indigenous local people, their colorful tradition, unique dress and languages.
Nepal attracts visitors from all over the world for jungle safari in the Terai region. In fact, a visit to the jungle involves game-stalking by a variety of means-: foot, dugout, canoe, jeep, elephant back etc. Far beyond one’s imagination, jungle safari in Nepal offers one of the finest experiences and opportunities to see a variety of wildlife, flora and fauna species. Going on a jungle safari is a great way to relax after trekking .any time of year except the monsoon season is a good time to visit the national parks.
Chitwan National Park
Royal Chitwan National Park was declared UNESCO Natural Heritage Site in 1979. This park is situated in southern central Nepal, covering 932 sq.km covered with deciduous forests overlooking the floodplains of Narayani, Rapti and Reu rivers. The park headquarters at Kasara is 21 km drive from Bharatpur which is 20 minutes by air or 146 km by road from Kathmandu. In this park there are many Resorts hotels and lodge to accommodate.
This famous park offers a wilderness of rich ecosystem that includes mammals, birds, reptiles and water animals of several kinds. The highlights of this park are the 500 Asian one-horned rhinoceros and some hundred nocturnal Royal Bengal tigers that live in the dense forests of the park. You will discover a lost world of towering trees and twisting vines, of pre-historic rhino and lumbering elephants, crocodile, python and deer; brilliantly colored birds and if you are fortunate – the superb Royal Bengal Tiger. Sharing home with these are other animals like rhesus monkey, grey langur, deer, leopards and wild cats etc. Another most important factor adding to the chitwan experience is the colorful Tharu Culture, their way of living, culture and tradition and heart touching Tharu Dance. Here you will do many activities likes Jungle Safari on elephant back, jungle walk, canoe ride, jeep drive etc.
Bardia National Park
The Bardia National Park is the largest and most undisturbed protected area in the terai and is the home to the endangered Royal Bengal tiger and Nepal’s famous one-horned rhinoceros. It is situated in the mid far western Terai, east of the Karnali River of the country. About 70% of the land is covered with forest with the balance a mixture of grassland and riverrine forest. You will reach here three hours by jeep (95km) from Nepalgunj which is one hour ten minutes by air or 531km by road from Kathmandu.
The famous park offers 30 different mammals, more than 250 species of birds, and several verities of reptiles and water animals. Some of the other animals found here are elephant, swamp deer, blackbuck, gharial crocodile and marsh mugger crocodile. The exotic Gangetic Dolphin is also sometimes seen in river Karnali. The activities done here are Jungle safari on elephant back, jungle walk, boat ride, jeep drive etc.
Activities while doing Jungle Safari
• Village Tour – into the villages to learn about new culture and traditions.
• Elephant Safari – thick jungles awaits you to explore wild animals.
• Nature Walk (or also known as Jungle walk)
• Cultural Program – watch programs consisting of traditional (folk) dance and songs.
• Birds Watching.
• Other Services – have a go for splendid boating and canoeing experience in the rivers and ponds.
• Accommodation – stay where the action is. Get the lodges or resorts at the place where Safari begins and ends.
• Observe the unique life style of local people.
• Visit the local surrounding near your safari place.
Things needed to bring while doing Jungle Safari
• Insect repellent
• A jacket or sweater from November through February
• Lightest clothing with sunglasses and hats from April onwards
• Pants should be worn during elephant rides
• Bright colors such as red and white should be avoided since those colors have been known to upset the rhinos
• Comfortable walking shoes are essential
• Summer months require cool clothes
• Good walking shoes
• Shady hat
• Make sure your clothes are in colors-like brown and green
• If you are closer to the monsoon months, carry some waterproof jackets and an extra pair of shoes
• During the warmer months swimming suits are recommended