TRIP OVERVIEW TIBET HOLY CITY TOUR 5 DAYS
Tibet Holy City Tour:
Day to Day Itinerary:
We take the flight at Tribhuvan Airport, fly over panoramic Himalayan ranges to the Holy City of Lhasa. The flight take about 50 minutes and brings us from Kathmandu valley that’s 1330m to Lhasa, 3650m high above sea level. After transfer from Gonggar Airport to the city,check in hotel and a complete rest for acclimatization.
Three full days exploration to Drempung, Sera Monasteries, Jolkhang temple, Potala Palace, Norbulingkha, Bhakhor and Tibet Medicine Centre
Day 05 :
Good-bye to Holy city and fly back to Kathmandu or other destination.
02-04 per person USD 750
05-08 per person USD 625
09-12 per person USD 550
• All Sightseeing with local English speaking Guide :
• Hotel/guest house accommodation on twin share basis in Deluxe hotel.
• Breakfast .
• All transfers by Private coach ( depending upon the size of the group and the condition of the road.).
• Regular Tibet permit and Travel permit.
• Monastery entrance fee.
• Single supplement US$ 125s
• Lhasa/Kathmandu airfare or vice versa : US$ 273
• Flight reconfirmation charge US$ 5 payable in Lhasa at airlines office if asked.
• Visa Fee and Pemit for Tibet USD 40
• Airport tax in Lhasa USD 15 approx.
• Photography charges in monasteries.
• Any cost arising from road blockage : land slides: Hiring of porters
• Additional transport cost
• Re-Entry Visa to Nepal.
• Any cost arising from road blockade, land slides, hiring of extra porters
Detailed Expedition Itinerary
Day 01: Arrival day in Kathmandu
Adventure HimalayaTreks warmly welcome to at airport After your arrival in the afternoon, you will be taken to the Internation Hotel for relax and refreshment.
Day 02: Kathmandu Sightseeing and Preparation
Take rest, familiarize, and make a sightseeing tour to Kathmandu World Heritage Sites. The day will also be for finalizing official procedure and other necessary arrangements. You will be also briefed on the nature of expedition, equipments and team composition. You can also make your last minute buying of personal items as you will be flying to the Himalayas tomorrow.
Day 03: Fly to Lukla & Trek to Phakding- 9,184 ft (2,860 m)
Fly to Lukla of Everest region. The spectacular mountain flight takes approximately 30 minutes from Kathmandu. Witness the fabulous views of the high Himalayan peaks such as, Everest, Cho Oyu, Makalu, Ama Dablam and scores of other trekking peaks. After making necessary arrangement of porters and yaks, trek to Phakding. Overnight stay at Phakding.
Day 04: Trek to Namche Bazaar
The trek begins early morning along the steep hill to Namche Bazar. Namche, at altiude 11,300 ft (3,4450m), is the largest Sherpa town with vibrant Himalayan culture. Two consecutive nights will be spent at Namche to acclimatize with the high altitude.
Day 05: Rest & Acclimatization at Namche Bazaar
Day for rest and acclimatization at Namche Bazar. Also an opportunity to discover the area and familiarize with the Sherpa culture.
Day 06: Trek to Deboche
Trek further along the Everest route. Pass by several settlements and cross the Dhudh Koshi River. Along the way, witness the magnificent views of the high peaks including Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse and Ama Dablam. After making a steep climb arrives the Buddhist monastery of Thyangboche. Spend some time at the monastery and have a look around the place. Then decend to the village of Deboche. Stay overnight in Deboche.
Day 07: Trek to Pheriche (4,320m)
Hike to the village of Pangboche (4,000m/13,120ft). Continuing the trail further up, an overnight stay at Pheriche.
Day 08: Acclimatisation above Pheriche
Another day for acclimatization. The terrain is most suitable for higher climbing conditioning. Walk up a slope overlooking the high Himalayan valleys. A briefing on altitude in the afternoon.
Day 09: Move to Base Camp 4570m/15000ft
Trek back to Pangboche and cross the Dudh Kosi River. Climb up the trail which takes to the Ama Dablam Base Camp. The Base Camp lies at an altitude of 15,000ft (4,570m). Spend the day at the Base Camp for acclimatization and further planning.
Day 10-25: Ascending and Descending of Ama Dablam Top 6856m/22488ft
Based on their previous Himalayan Glacier Expedition experience, the expedition leader with other crew members make the planning and other necessary ground work for the ascent. A few days may be spent on the Base Camp for organizing food, acclimatization, and practicing rope and other mountain climbing skills.
A typical strategy would look like what follows:
After getting established on the Base Camp, move further up to Camp 1 at 5,700m (17,400 feet) along the standard route. Generally, one night is spent at camp 1for acclimatization and then returning to the Base Camp for the final preparation to scale the summit. There are three camps above the base camp before reaching the summit. The ascent from Base Camp to camp 1 is technically challenging. From Camp 1, follow existing fixed lines. Establish new ropes wherever necessary both for ascent and descent. The climb from Camp 2 to Camp 3 is mostly ice and mixed-climbing. The climb from Camp 3 to the summit is relatively less technical. By the Day 26, scale the peak before getting back to the Base Camp.
Day 26-27: Trek to Lukla
Trek back to Thyangboche, Namche Bazaar and Phakding finally arriving at Lukla.
Day 28: Fly Lukla to Kathmandu
Morning flight from Lukla to Kathmandu
Day 29: At leisure in Kathmandu
Also a reserve day to accommodate possible delay in Lukla to Kathmandu flight. If the flight is as scheduled, spend the day enjoying Kathmandu’s delights.
Day 30: Depart Kathmandu
Concluding day of Ama Dablam Expedition. AHT will have transfer you to airport for your journey ahead.
- 5 Nights accommodation in Kathmandu with bed & Breakfast (3 star)
- Permit fee of Ama Dablam 6812m. Expedition
- Food for Trekking and expedition period
- Expedition crew: Base camp Guide, Cook, Cook helper
- Porters or Yak porter Lukla to Base camp & Base camp to Lukla
- Kathmandu -Lukla – Kathmandu flights with Cargo 50 KG per member
- Equipment allowance, daily allowance for Liaison officer, expedition crew insurance for Nepalese expedition crew.
- 1 tent for 1 person for Expedition
- Mat, dining tent, Toilet tent, Mess tent, Store tent, Table and chairs trekking for the expedition
- Local transportation in Kathmandu (Airport-hotel-airport)
- Emergency Oxygen, Mask and regulator
- Fare well dinner
Cost does not include:
- PERSONAL equipment for climbing & trekking
- Personal & medical Insurance of expedition
- Climbing food, Gas & stove above Base camp
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu
- Emergency Rescue evacuation by helicopter incase needed
- Walkie Talkie permit & personal satellite phone permit
- Oxygen & Mask -regulator
- Personal expenses
- Bar Bills & beverage
- Garbage Deposit and Deposit fee will be not refunded if the clients (climber) don’t take back their garbage to Namche Bazaar & Kathmandu.